Robin presents “6 Degrees of Gene Kelly” 26 Oct 2015
After winning the Olympic Gold Medal at Lake Placid in 1980, Robin won the World Free Skating Championship Gold Medal three times, along with World Championship Silver and European Championship Gold.
For his services to sport and Skating, Robin was awarded the M.B.E. by Her Majesty the Queen at Buckingham Palace in 1980.
A highly successful career as a professional skater followed, appearing as special guest star with Holiday On Ice, with whom he set new, and currently unbroken, Box Office records for attendance levels, with 500,000 customers over a six week season at Wembley Arena.
Robin is currently Honorary Vice – President of the National Ice Skating Association
Early choreographic work Film and TV:
- Setting up his own Ice Company in 1983, Robin choreographed and directed the shows Electric Ice and Ice Majesty. These shows toured worldwide and, following rave press reviews, the London run of Electric Ice at The Victoria Palace Theatre was extended from seven weeks to fourteen due to popular public demand
- Robin was technical advisor and choreographer on the Hollywood movie The Cutting Edge, directed by Paul Michael Glaser, also performing some of the stunts in the movie
- Choreographed and performed a piece for the closing ceremony of the Calgary Winter Olympics and has starred in numerous international TV spectaculars
- Co-production and presenter role on three immensely successful, annual Improv-Ice events for the US Sports TV network StarSkates, eight two-hour television specials in the US, in 2000 and 2001
- 2010 – Teen Angel in Grease – Piccadilly Theatre – London
- 2009 – Jack Frost in Santa Claus and the return of Jack Frost – Southampton
- Paul – in Paul, Strange Kind of Hero – Brighton fringe Festival
- Munkustrap in the UK tour of Cats
- Frank N Furter in 25th Anniversary production of The Rocky Horror Show in London’s West End and National Tour
- The Prince in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella at St Louis MUNY Stage/Ice
- For top American producer Feld Entertainment, The Wizard of Oz on Ice and Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Starlight Express on Ice, in the USA
- The phenomenally successful Disney’s Toy Story on Ice which ran for seven successful years including a 2001 UK tour
- For Holiday on Ice in the late 1990s, Robin was the choreographer for their productions of Colours of Dance and In Concert, garnering excellent reviews, the latter show touring the UK in 2003