Tracy Martin An antiques, post-war collectables and vintage fashion expert, I have a vast knowledge of the antiques and collectables industry as a whole.
Tracy arrive with only two hours notice and done a splendid job. She unfortunately suffered from very bad technical assistants, and then had to endure a bombardment of very rude comment from some of the less mature (not in age) audience.
I have appeared on numerous other programmes including the Paul O Grady Show, The One Show, Sunday Brunch, Market Kitchen, BBC Breakfast and BBC World News. I have also for the past three years worked as an on and off-screen expert on BBC’s Flog it! programme where I research and advice the on-screen experts as well as giving current market values. I conduct talks all around the UK as well as onboard cruise ships. In the past I held a regular phone in valuation slot on BBC radio London for three years. I am a published author, journalist & columnist having written for both National Newspapers and specialist magazines.
I have a vast knowledge of many antique and collectable subjects, which include 20th Century interiors, ceramics, glass, toys, vintage fashion, shoes and handbags. For me the joy of 20th-21st century collectables, is that there is a lot more to discuss than you might expect and I’m uniquely placed to do so.
The author of ‘The Greatest Collecting Tips in the World,’ ‘Christmas Collectables’ and most recently ‘Collectable Names in Women’s Fashion, Past and Present’ my newest book being ‘The Perfect Little Black Dress’ released in September this year.
My passion for collecting has paved the way for my successful career, and I am well known in the Industry by fellow experts, auctioneers, dealers and collectors.
Television Collectables Expert
- ITV’s This Morning Antiques & Collectables Expert (2011 to date)
- ITV’s Storage Hoarders (2013)
- Channel 4 Sunday Brunch (2012)
- Off-Screen BBC Flog it! expert (2009 to date)
- UKFood Market Kitchen presented by Penny Smith (2011)
- ITV Secret Dealers (2011)
- BBC The One Show.(2010)
- Live Slot on Paul O Grady Show on retro collectables (2009)
- Expert on BBC’s prime time 20th Century Roadshow with Alan Titchmarsh
- Live slots on BBC Breakfast and BBC Worldwide
- Appearance on UK Style’s Gutted with Mark Durdan Smith
- High Heel Heaven Published by Rylands, Peter and Small (2013)
- The Perfect Little Black Dress Published by Cico Books (2012)
- Collectable Names in Women’s Fashion Past and Present published by Pen and Sword. (2011)
- Christmas Collectables, Published by Pen and Sword (2009)
- The Greatest Collecting Tips in the World, (2008)
- Fashion Campaign for Big Yellow Storage (2012)
- London 2012 Olympic Pin Trading Coca-Cola (2012)
- Regular slot on BBC London’s Sunday Breakfast show (2008-2010 and 2013)
- Regularly on Radio Five Live
- Regular contributor on Solar Radio
- Regular contributor on Southend Radio
- BBC London ‘Robert Elms’ and ‘Vanessa Feltz’ show.
- BBC Southern Counties – Expert Hour
- BBC Manchester, BBC Bristol, BBC Coventry, BBC Cornwall, MANX Radio, BBC Shrophire, BBC Cumbria, BBC Sheffield and BBC Radio Kent.
- Radio Southend, BBC Leeds, BBC Sussex and Surrey, BBC Wales